Curvy or Skinny? - What women we really find attractive

Skinny models or curvy movie stars?

I think the point is that women can be sexy in all shapes and sizes and a lot of 'media' would have us believe that we all need to starve ourselves to be considered attractive. Some women are naturally curvy, others not. Also, whilst I love Marilyn I am also aware that she had loads of cosmetic surgery. I'm not calling that either. It takes all sorts and there is more than one 'attractive' type!

 But the meme is blatantly trying to show that the top row is a hotter "type" than the bottom row of pictures. But they're all roughly equivalent. Only Marilyn Monreo is carrying ferventsouls.blogspot.com any weight. And I bet if lipo had been available when she was alive she would have done it.

Curvy or Skinny

Even if it showed what it purported to show (some kind of change over time) it would still be a dumb meme. The media love curvy models actually (Katie Price, Pamela Anderson) and the candid celebrity photos of thin models exist because the gutter media actually bully the thin ones just as much as the fat ones. Anyone could contrive something similar with the opposite agenda, you just have to pick the right photos. How about a photo of Kerry Katona during a chubby phase on the top row and Twiggy on the bottom row? I might even make one for the next time this meme pops up...

You have obviously studied the pictures closely, well done!! I think that you will find that the media love a 'curvy' model when she gets her tits out! This is not the same as admiring a woman for who she is naturally. Like I said, there are women who are naturally skinny and those that are naturally curvy and there is nothing wrong with either. However, when I go clothes shopping I am frequently 'too large' for the largest sizes in some stores and magazines aimed at women constantly harp on about losing weight to be attractive and calling famous women who have put on some weight. The media obsession around size will not end but I for one am sick of hearing women being called 'fat' because they do not starve themselves. Natural skinny = good, starving yourself to achieve this = not good. This is just my personal opinion Dan. But although naturally slim the top row all display signs (which I will not bother with here) that they have starved in order to get to this weight rather than it being a natural slimness. To be honest, on another subject completely, I would rather we judged women on their achievements in life than on their body shape and actually showed some positive role models to young girls/women rather than vacuous celebrities with nothing to say, who would struggle to put a coherent sentence together were it not provided for them.